According to a New Mexico Department of Transportation report, car crashes happened once nearly every 14 minutes in 2020 and 30% resulted in injury. Nobody wants to be involved in an accident while on their way to work or driving to the grocery store, but the numbers suggest they are an unfortunate fact of life in our state and that it is not uncommon for people to get hurt in a wreck.
If you have been hurt in an accident, call us today at (575) 214-3888 or contact us online to find out how we can help you.
At Zebas Law Firm, LLC, we have more than 15 years of experience helping clients build their auto accident cases and pursuing just compensation. When you work with our attorney, you will have direct access to his experienced counsel so that at every step of the way you can be sure you are putting yourself in the best position to get a fair settlement.
He went above and beyond for my family and I wouldn't change a thing.Robert H.
The first thing you should do after an accident is make sure both you and your passengers are safe. If you can, seek medical attention for any injuries you might have sustained as soon as possible. If you are seriously injured, however, you should remain in your vehicle and call 911 or have someone to do it for you.
Additional steps you should take include:
- File a police report. This is the first step you can take toward building your case, as it will provide an official record of the crash.
- Document your crash by taking photos and videos of the damage to your car, the accident scene, and the area around it. Our Hobbs auto accident attorney could use your documentation as evidence in the case.
- Document any injures you sustained. The moments after a crash can be stressful, which could make recalling how/when your injuries happened difficult later on. Be sure to take photos or videos of your injuries and document how they affected you initially and how they changed over time.
- If possible, obtain information from the other driver(s). Things you should gather include their name(s) and contact information, insurance company and policy number, and their driver’s license and license plate number. While this step might seem straightforward, it can be difficult or even dangerous to complete after an accident because tensions are often high. Do your best to assess the situation, and if it does not seem safe to interact with the other driver(s), refrain from doing so.
- Get the information of other witnesses at the scene. Identify any other witnesses to the crash and ask to get their information. Their perspective could prove to be useful in supporting your case.
Do not hesitate to contact our attorney at Zebas Law Firm, LLC after your accident. Getting the counsel of our lawyer early on can help you build a strong case and get the compensation you need sooner.
Our Hobbs auto accident attorney will do everything in his power to help you recover all the unexpected expenses your crash brought about. We can work to prove the liability of the other driver in the wreck, substantiate your injury claims with documentation and the opinions of medical professionals, and advocate for you in the various negotiations that are part of auto accident cases.
In doing so, some of the damages our attorney can help you recover include:
- Medical expenses for both present and future care
- Money to replace or repair your vehicle
- Wages you might have lost because you were unable to work
- Wages you might miss because you cannot work at the same capacity as you did before the crash
- Damages for physical suffering or emotional trauma that the wreck caused
If you have been hurt in an accident, you have likely had to pay a significant price for something that was not your fault. At Zebas Law Firm, LLC, we want to help you make things right for you and your loved ones. To begin the process of seeking compensation, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation. While working with you, we will be sure to account for and document all past, present, and future expenses so that we can pursue a case that could get the exact amount of money you need.
Call us today at (575) 214-3888 or reach out to us online.
- Free, No Obligation Consultations
- Personalized Service and Attention
- Aggressive & Compassionate Representation
- 24/7 Availability
- Experience at the State and Federal Level
- Se Habla Español