Oil Field Accident Lawyer in Carlsbad, New Mexico
Serving Oil Field Accidents Victims Across New Mexico and Arizona
The oil and gas industry has been recognized as one of the most hazardous sectors for workers. They face serious dangers every day on the job. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has highlighted various potential hazards that oil field workers might face, including motor vehicle accidents, explosions, fires, and mechanical or electrical hazards. These risks are significant, and even the slightest lapse in safety measures could prove to be catastrophic for the workers. OSHA mandates strict protocols to companies to protect workers from these hazards, but it’s not always enough. Despite these efforts, there are instances when mandated safeguards fail or are overlooked, leading to workplace accidents that can result in severe injuries or fatalities.
If you’ve been injured in an oil field accident, we stand ready to guide you through the legal process to fight for compensation to cover your injuries and losses. Contact us today at (575) 214-3888 or via our online platform.
What are the Leading Causes of Oil Field Accidents?
An oil field-related accident can cause immense physical, emotional, and financial damage to workers and their families. While strict safety protocols are in place to protect oil field workers, it is important to recognize that the hazards of the job cannot be eliminated completely. Continuous efforts are required from companies to reduce the risk of accidents in oil fields. Oil and gas drilling operations accidents often occur due to negligence, equipment failure, and other factors.
Here are the leading causes of oil field accidents:
- Human error, including mistakes made by workers, such as misinterpreting instructions, failing to follow safety protocols and other operational errors
- Poor training, inadequate supervision, and fatigue
- Equipment failure from to wear and tear
- Design flaws, improper maintenance, or operator error
- Equipment malfunction, ignition sources, or poor safety practices
- Transportation accidents involving on-site vehicles or trucks transporting materials and equipment
- Falls from heights
- Inadequate safety equipment, scaffolding, or other risky equipment
Investigating the root cause of an oil field accident is essential to determine liability and hold responsible parties accountable. If you have been involved in an oil field accident, our team of experienced lawyers can help you.
Common Oil Field Accident Injuries
When it comes to accidents in oil fields, the injuries can be severe, life-altering, and even fatal. Oil field workers face a variety of risks each day, and understanding the most common injuries they suffer is essential in preventing accidents. The most common injuries experienced on oil field job sites are among the very worst. It’s important to take proactive measures to prevent them.
Oil field workers face a multitude of risks on a daily basis, leading to various types of injuries. The most common injuries suffered by oil field workers include:
- Burns are caused by fires or explosions resulting from equipment failure or human error.
- Fractures resulting from falls or being struck by heavy equipment.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and spinal cord injuries resulting from falls, motor vehicle accidents, or being hit by falling objects.
- Cuts and abrasions caused by sharp equipment, improper use of tools, and machinery without proper guards.
These injuries can result in significant pain, long-term disability, and even death. Therefore, oil and gas companies must enforce comprehensive safety protocols and provide adequate training to their workers to reduce the risk of workplace accidents. It is equally important for workers to prioritize safety by wearing appropriate PPE, following safety guidelines, and reporting accidents or unsafe conditions immediately.
What Damages Can I Seek in an Oil Field Accident Case?
Oil field accidents can result in serious injuries, lost wages, and financial damages. If you have been involved in an oil field accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses.
Here are some damages that you can seek in an oil field accident case:
- Medical expenses like hospital bills, doctor fees, rehabilitation costs, and prescription drug expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering from your injuries
- Property damages, including vehicle damages and property losses
- Punitive damages
At Zebas Law Firm, LLC, we understand the complexity of oil field accident cases and can help you navigate the legal complexities of filing a claim. Our team of attorneys has the skills and experience to advocate for your rights and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Why Your Case Needs the Attention of an Oil Field Accident Attorney
Negotiating with insurance companies and businesses in the oil industry during settlement can be challenging. However, an experienced lawyer is better equipped to help you fight for a positive outcome in your case.
Our law firm offers numerous benefits to our clients, including:
- Collecting evidence of the incident that bolsters our client’s case
- Evaluating relevant safety protocols to determine if the oil field company was negligent
- Seeking professional medical advice to determine the seriousness of our client’s injuries
- Researching the case to determine an appropriate compensation amount
- Negotiating with various parties, including insurance companies and employers
An oil field accident can leave you with significant injuries and financial damages, but our firm can provide the legal representation and support you need during this difficult time. Contact us online right now to schedule a consultation and learn more about how our attorneys can advocate for your rights and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Contact Zebas Law Firm, LLC Today!
Zebas Law Firm, LLC can help you understand your legal rights and options if you have been involved in an oil field accident. Our team of experienced lawyers is ready to provide you with the guidance and support you need. Contact us today at (575) 214-3888 or visit our website to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. You can also contact us online to find out how we can help you.
What Makes Us Different
- Free, No Obligation Consultations
- Experience at the State & Federal Level
- Aggressive & Compassionate Representation
- 24/7 Availability
- Personalized Service & Attention
- Se Habla Español
Take Your Next StepFill Out the Form Below to Get Started
During the hardest time of our lives the Zebas Law Firm was there for us!
Types Of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Dedicated to Your Case Schedule Your Free Case
Evaluation with Our Team Today