Roswell, NM Oil Field Accident
Helping Clients in New Mexico and Arizona Navigate the Dangers of the Oil Industry
Oil field workers in states like New Mexico and Arizona face numerous hazards daily. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), these dangers can range from vehicle accidents and explosions to fires and various mechanical or electrical hazards. OSHA requires employers in the oil industry to establish and follow strict safety protocols that protect their workers from such risks. However, these measures can sometimes fail or be disregarded, leading to severe injuries or even fatalities among oil field workers.
Trusting a Reliable Law Firm with Your Oil Field Accident Case
When seeking legal representation for an oil field accident, choosing a law firm you can rely on is crucial. Attorney Joe Zebas has been a staunch advocate for those injured in oil field accidents for more than 23 years. No case is too small, and no company is too big for our dedicated Roswell oil field accident lawyer. We believe that all oil field workers deserve a safe workplace, regardless of the inherent dangers associated with their profession. If you have sustained injuries due to a workplace incident, you can trust our team to build a compelling case and fight for your rights.
Common Injuries in Oil Field Accidents
The oil industry is known for its hazardous working conditions, and accidents in the field can result in a wide range of injuries. By understanding these risks, employees and employers alike can take necessary precautions to prevent such incidents and ensure a safer working environment.
The most common oil field accident Injuries include:
- Burns: Fires and explosions are common in oil fields, given the flammable nature of the extracted materials. Workers may suffer from first, second, or third-degree burns, which can lead to scarring, disfigurement, and even permanent disability.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): Oil field workers are often at risk of head injuries due to falls from heights, vehicle accidents, or being struck by heavy equipment. TBIs can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage, potentially causing long-term cognitive impairments and other neurological issues.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Falls, vehicular collisions, and other accidents can cause spinal cord injuries, which may result in partial or complete paralysis depending on the severity of the damage. These life-altering injuries often require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: The physically demanding nature of oil field work, combined with the use of heavy machinery and equipment, puts workers at risk for broken bones and fractures. Depending on the location and severity of the break, recovery can be a lengthy and painful process.
- Amputations: In some cases, oil field accidents may result in limb loss due to crush injuries or entanglement in machinery. Amputations are life-changing events that require extensive medical care, prosthetics, and rehabilitation.
- Chemical Exposure: Workers in the oil industry are often exposed to hazardous chemicals, which can cause respiratory issues, skin irritation, and even long-term illnesses such as cancer. Proper safety measures and protective gear are essential to minimize the risk of chemical exposure.
The injuries caused by oil field accidents can lead to long-term injuries with lasting consequences for the affected workers. It is crucial for employers to implement and enforce strict safety protocols to protect their employees from these hazards.
Additionally, workers should be aware of the risks associated with their job and take appropriate precautions to ensure their safety. If you or a loved one has been injured in an oil field accident, it's essential to seek legal counsel from an experienced attorney who can help you navigate the complexities of your case and secure the compensation you deserve.
The Importance of Hiring an Attorney for Your Oil Field Accident Case
Dealing with insurance companies and businesses in the oil industry during the settlement process can be challenging. However, with our lawyer's experience and strategic approach, you can successfully navigate these complex negotiations.
Our firm can:
- Gather evidence from the accident to strengthen your case
- Identify relevant safety protocols and determine if the company overseeing the oil field adhered to them
- Consult medical professionals to assess the severity of your injuries and calculate the damages to seek in your case
- Pursue legal negotiations with insurance companies, employers, and other relevant entities
A critical aspect of pursuing your oil field accident case involves examining the circumstances surrounding the incident and determining liability. OSHA mandates that employers take necessary precautions to ensure employee safety. If we can prove that an employer's gross negligence led to an accident, we may hold the company overseeing the oil field accountable.
Other potentially liable parties in such cases could include:
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers, if a defect in their product resulted in an accident
- Various third parties, such as drivers or contractors on the job site, who might be responsible for damages in crashes or fires they caused
Pursuing Compensation for Your Injuries
There are no standard compensation amounts for individuals injured in oil field accidents, as each case depends on the specific circumstances and needs of the victim. Our Roswell oil field accident attorney is committed to seeking the compensation you need based on your situation.
Some of the damages we may pursue include:
- Medical expenses related to therapies or treatments following the accident
- Costs for essential prescriptions or medical devices
- Lost wages due to the injury
- Losses for diminished quality of life
- Temporary or ongoing disability benefits
While no lawyer can guarantee a specific compensation amount, our attorney promises to do everything possible to ensure you receive the financial support you need during this challenging time.
Contact Zebas Law Firm, LLC for Oil Field Accident Representation in New Mexico and Arizona
If you have been injured while working in an oil field in New Mexico or Arizona, reach out to Zebas Law Firm, LLC for professional legal support. When you collaborate with us, you will have direct access to our attorney's counsel and guidance, ensuring that you never have to go through this experience alone. You can trust our team to provide the dedicated legal representation you need to navigate the complexities of an oil field accident claim and secure the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (575) 214-3888 or reach out to us online.
He went above and beyond for my family and I wouldn't change a thing.- Robert H.
During the hardest time of our lives the Zebas Law Firm was there for us!- Meghan W.
Highly recommend Joe Zebas and his team.- Manny S.
Thank you for everything and highly recommend this firm.- Chris K.
I would recommend his team to defend your rights.- Jade S.