Auto Accident Lawyer in Las Cruces, New Mexico
Getting into an auto accident can be overwhelming. The aftermath can be a confusing and stressful experience including medical bills, injuries, and navigating insurance policies. In situations like these, it's crucial to have the right legal support.
At Zebas Law Firm, LLC, we have over two decades of experience in helping clients build their auto accident cases and pursuing compensation. Our seasoned auto accident attorney in Las Cruces, NM is here to guide you through the process of pursuing the compensation you rightfully deserve. With our experience on your side, you can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal matters.
If you or a loved one has been in an auto accident, contact our auto accident lawyer in Las Cruces today for a consultation. Call (575) 214-3888.
Pure Comparative Fault in New Mexico
After an auto accident in New Mexico, it is essential to have an experienced auto accident attorney help you. The state's unique pure comparative fault rule means that determining compensation can be complex. This rule reduces the amount of a claim settlement by the percentage of your fault in causing your injuries.
For example, if your damages are $150,000 and the court rules that you were 40 percent at fault for those damages, you would only receive $90,000.
It's crucial to have an attorney who can guide you through the process, helping you understand your rights and assisting you in pursuing the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Car Accident
After a car accident, it’s important to follow these key steps:
- Check yourself and passengers. Make sure everyone is safe and uninjured. If you or someone is hurt, be sure to call 911 or have someone who is uninjured call for you.
- Contact the police. Even if the accident seems minor, contacting the police to file a police report is one of the first important steps to building your case.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s). If it is safe to interact with the other driver(s), gather their name(s), contact information, driver’s license and license plate number, and insurance company and policy number.
- Get information from witnesses. Identify any witnesses of the crash and ask for their information. Theirs recounts of the accident could help support your case.
- Document the scene and your injuries. Use your phone to take pictures of the crash, the area around it, and your injuries.
- Contact our auto accident attorney. Get in touch with our attorney at Zebas Law Firm, LLC after your accident. We can evaluate your situation to determine what compensation you’re entitled to and help you build a strong case.
Auto Accident Compensation
When you've been involved in a car accident, it can be overwhelming to deal with the aftermath, both physically and financially. However, with the help of our Las Cruces auto accident attorney, you don't have to face this burden alone. Our knowledgeable and experienced legal team will work tirelessly to help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Damages our attorney can help you recover include:
- Medical expenses
- Vehicle expenses
- Lost wages due to time off work
- Physical suffering and/or emotional trauma
- And more
We'll investigate the circumstances of your accident and work to prove the liability of the other driver involved, using documentation and the opinions of medical professionals to substantiate your injury claims. With our guidance and support, you can focus on healing and moving forward after this difficult experience.
New Mexico Statute of Limitations
In New Mexico, it's important to keep in mind the statute of limitations for filing an auto accident lawsuit. The state's statute of limitations for auto accidents is three years from the date of the crash. This means that you have a limited amount of time to file a legal claim to recover damages for any losses caused by your accident.
In addition, other deadlines may apply to filing certain forms and documents with insurance companies or government agencies. By being aware of these time limits, you can ensure that you protect your rights and have the best chance of obtaining a favorable outcome in your case.
After a car accident, there are numerous deadlines and legalities involved that can be overwhelming to navigate on your own. By working with our auto accident lawyer, we can help you navigate legal process. We have the knowledge and experience to ensure that all necessary documents are filed on time and can will negotiate fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Choose Our Las Cruces Auto Accident Lawyer
When looking for legal representation, choosing the right law firm can make all the difference. At Zebas Law Firm, LLC, we prioritize providing excellent service to our clients. When you work with us, you'll experience several benefits, including:
- Personalized attention: Our attorney will take the time to listen to your personal story to understand you situation. In addition, you will have direct access to his services for guidance through each step of the legal process.
- Legal experience: With over 23 years of experience, our attorney has seen cases similar to yours. Not only will our car accident build you a strong claim, but they will also negotiate with insurance companies, and protect your rights.
- Aggressive representation: Our lawyer will investigate your case and organize evidence to hold the negligent party responsible. We are passionate about fighting on the behalf of our clients and will utilize all resources available to us.
Our team of experienced attorneys is committed to protecting your rights and pursuing the best possible outcome for your case. We understand that navigating the legal system can be overwhelming, and we strive to make the process as smooth as possible. While we recognize that we do not have the power to reverse the situation at hand, we will work diligently so that you can focus on recovery and moving forward from the accident.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you. Dial (575) 214-3888 or reach out to us online.
He went above and beyond for my family and I wouldn't change a thing.- Robert H.
During the hardest time of our lives the Zebas Law Firm was there for us!- Meghan W.
Highly recommend Joe Zebas and his team.- Manny S.
Thank you for everything and highly recommend this firm.- Chris K.
I would recommend his team to defend your rights.- Jade S.